Ministering to the homeless can seem overwhelming to us, even a little scary at times; but this is a harsh reality that many people face day in and day out. A group of individuals at Concord offer ongoing assistance by preparing lunches twice a month and helping with other special events and giveaways.
Items You Can Drop Off At Concord’s Missions Center
- Adult hats, gloves, scarves, socks & underwear (new)
- Travel-size toiletries
- Jars of peanut butter and/or jelly, individually wrapped granola/candy bars, single serving chips
Hands-On Ways You Can Help
- Volunteer to help make lunches the 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month at 8:00am.
- Volunteer to help make care kits
- Or give online (select Homeless Ministry in the drop-down menu) or write a check with the ministry name on the memo line.
Ways Your Group or Class Can Get Involved
- Sponsor a drive in your class, neighborhood, or place of employment for the donation items listed above. Provide peanut butter and jelly for one week’s lunches (14 large jars pb, 12 jars jelly)
- Provide individual-size bags of chips for one week’s lunches (200 bags)
- Provide granola bars or candy bars for one week’s lunches (200 bars)